Sunday, February 28, 2010

Snow

We got a lot of snow on Friday - a blizzard, I believe it was called. I had an appointment in the city I was determined to keep. So we set out early, before anyone had shoveled their walks, me in knee high wellies, Ro in the ergo, and Jay trailing behind with the diaper bag, looking skeptical. (Jay was commuting to work and agreed to accompanying us on the train).

It was really fun for a block, treading through virgin snow. The next block was less fun - the snow was higher than my boots and melting down my legs, and I should mention that it was still snowing and the novelty of snow in the face had worn off for Ro. We walked the rest of the way in the street, which had been somewhat plowed.

I did a lot of walking that day, maybe five or six miles all told. Which is not a lot for a New Yorker, but factor in the snow and a 26-pound-baby and it felt aerobic. I am actually sore. And not just my shoulders, from the ergo, but my thighs, from all the tromping. It feels good in a way. Accomplished. I can't remember the last time I was sore from any kind of exercise.

This was our second big snow storm of the year. The first was two weeks ago, and here's a photo of Ro going down the slide at our local playground.


And here's a more recent photo from yesterday, walking to brunch. I know, he's wearing the exact same outfit.

1 comment:

  1. You make me laugh! I would never have noticed the outfits were the same if you hadn't mentioned it! :)

    ReplyDelete