Saturday, May 12, 2012

Month 4

Dear Ilan,

You will be 5 months old next week.  Time is passing more quickly now.  Where did your 4th month go?

We ate dinner outside tonight, and I got Daddy to help me take some photos of you and your brother. I was going for a spring theme, which is why, in these last two photos, you are surrounded by random plants.  All this did was distract you (we have many outtakes of you trying to eat the flowers), and I have to admit that the whole thing looked a lot better in my head.

It's easy to capture you smiling.  You smile whenever I look at you.  And you fuss when I look away.  When I leave the room you start wailing.  As soon as I'm back you turn off the crying and are all smiles.  It's cute, and I'm flattered, but it's getting old.

You had a checkup this month and are still a small fry - in the 25th percentile.  Strangers are always telling me you look big for 4 months, and I think that's because you have a lot of hair.  Your hair is naturally thicker and longer on the very top, like a faux hawk.  Or maybe people think you're older because you are never asleep.  You sleep well at night but you're a terrible napper.

You are at the stage where you are drooling something fierce, so that the front of any shirt I put on you in is drenched within an hour.  I've started putting you in bibs, since they are easier to change than shirts. They make you look so big, like you are ready to grab a spoon and fling some food around the house.

The best games to play with you are Plop, where I sit you up on the bed and you balance for a few seconds before falling over, and Whoosh, where I float a blanket over your face. It's like a lively version of peek-a-boo.  You love these games, and smile and laugh when we play them. It is wonderful to hear you laugh.

Here you are, at 4 months:





4 comments:

  1. Lovely post, as always. I'm convinced I need a 50mm 1.2 now! Are you shooting on auto or are you rocking manual?! Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm all manual all the time now... I got good enough to beat auto (i.e. the photos I shoot in manual look better than those I shoot in auto). Yay! And I have the 1.4 (so much cheaper than the 1.2). I love it, but am starting to feel its limitations.

      Delete
  2. Oops, i totally meant the 1.4. I've been reading a lot of photo blogs lately and they all shoot with a 1.2 so i guess it's a bit of wishful thinking on my part. Do you mean shooting with a prime lens feels limiting? I think I"m ready to branch out as well.

    ReplyDelete