Sunday, November 25, 2012

Some Perspective

How did I neglect to post this photo of Roan and Ilan?  It's from September, on Roan's first day of school.  It's one of my favorite photos from this season.


For context, here's a photo of the two of them I took last week, during the Thanksgiving holiday, in San Antonio.  Their cousin Julia is in the background, crowning Ilan with a flower crown.


Looking at these photos, taken only 10 weeks apart, I can see it, how it's true what the old people say, that your childrens' childhood passes by in a blink of an eye, how quickly they move towards independence, to becoming surly teenagers. But day-to-day, when you are constantly feeding and wiping and dressing and washing and your home is a place in constant need of picking up, sorting, and cleaning, always cleaning, it doesn't seem like the time is flying.  It seems like this babyhood / toddlerhood / childhood thing will never ever end.  So thank you, digital photography, for giving me some perspective tonight.  Thank you for helping me appreciate my children.  They truly are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment