Wednesday, December 12, 2012

The Mountain Lion

We spent Thanksgiving in San Antonio, in 70 degree sunshine, with grandparents, uncles, aunts, and cousins.   Our first day there we took advantage of the sunny weather with a little picnic.  We packed mac n' cheese and a bed sheet.  At first, Roan enjoyed sharing with his little brother...



Until Ilan got a hold of a fork of his own.


There is a Lyons Family Thanksgiving tradition that everyone must contribute at least one dish to the meal.  Cooking in a crowded kitchen was never my bag, and now that there are children underfoot I can be the auntie that takes them on walks and gets them out of the way. In exchange, I don't have to cook anything!  Everyone wins.


I got carried away here, taking photos of Roan and Julia on the swing...






Also, there was a mountain lion loose in the Dominion.  Roan and Julia were obsessed with finding it and taming it with sticks. We spent a few hours each day hunting it, laying traps, leaving it food, discovering its many many lairs. It's like when all the kids are chasing limping pigeons all over the playground and all you can think is, damn, I *really* hope they don't catch any pigeons.  I had much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, but not finding that mountain lion was in my top ten.


No comments:

Post a Comment