Sunday, July 5, 2015

Holding the baby

Lani loves to hold the baby. It's all he wants to do. He holds him and tells him, "Baby Finn you are!" And he looks at me and says, "I think he likes it!" When Finn is nursing Lani gives him hugs. When he is getting a diaper change Lani gives him hugs. He even tries to hug him while he's napping. If I tell Lani not to hug Finn he sulks and cries. He has so much love to give and nothing can stifle it, though occasionally I can redirect it.

Lani asked, "can I pinch his cheek?"


No Lani, pinch your own cheek.







Grandmas and Grandpas hold the baby




Jay holds the baby. Here he is holding Finn not even an hour after he was born. Finn is naked and wrapped in a towel without even his first diaper on. He hasn't had a proper wash. Turns out we wouldn't get around to bathing him until he was 2 or 3 days old.


Jay holds Finn on our porch, exposing him to the sun to fight off jaundice


Finn, like Ilan before him, likes to sleep in or near Jay's armpit


Roan likes to hold the baby, but not as incessantly as Ilan. He's already got the hang of this big brother thing.



And I hold the baby. But no ones takes any pictures of me doing it, so I have to take them myself.












No comments:

Post a Comment