Saturday, January 30, 2010

Table Manners

Mostly, we dine alone. Table manners aren't a big priority, taking a back seat to things like actually getting food into your mouth, instead of, say, on your eyebrow.

But sometimes I get a little Emily Post on the Bot. I like him to express his appreciation for my culinary efforts. Because that orange? I peeled it myself, section by section, removed the casing with my fingernails so he could have the juicy sweet part without the bitter white part. Like a box of Lucky Charms with only the charms, or Captain Crunch with only the crunch-berries - the stuff of my childhood dreams.

Here you see the Bot has a lunch date with Mia and Taj. It's a high stakes lunch with the twins going commando style, without their bibs. We (adults) were looking forward to the possibility of a food fight, but other than the Robot's personal battle with the zucchini, everyone was well behaved.

No comments:

Post a Comment