Friday, August 27, 2010

He Doesn't Do R's

Mia, Mia, Taj, and Roan, on a bench in Slope Park

Mia and Taj have started saying Roan's name. They call him Ro Ro. Apparently they ask for him when he's not around. Their mom told me this story: when she asked who they were going to see that weekend, they both said in unison, Ro Ro?

Hearing the twins say Roan's name makes my heart just about melt, especially because Roan refuses to say his own name. He doesn't do R's. We go through the colors and he says them all, or tries, but when we get to red he shakes his head and says "no." He won't even roar like a lion anymore.

Jay has made me promise that I will not come up with anymore nicknames for Roan, but in light of this anti-R phase I think I need just one more. One that doesn't start with R.

No comments:

Post a Comment