Friday, May 3, 2013

Nice Track

I don't want to brag, but I think I've gotten pretty good at taking pictures of train tracks.  I've certainly had a lot of practice.  These first three are photos from the Highline, an abandoned elevated rail line in Manhattan that was converted into a park / public space.  We used to live right above the Highline.  We spent two years dealing with all the construction, and moved out 2 months before it opened.




These next three are tracks I shot on my trip to London last month.  I took the train to Cambridge to visit an author, and these tracks are from the Cambridge train station.  Below that are old rail ties with Scottish lighthouses carved in the middle of them, on display at Jesus College. And last is a shot of raised track from the Underground.





No comments:

Post a Comment