Saturday, May 11, 2013

Wear and Tear

These are Roan's shoes.  They are also his brakes when he rides his balance bike, which he does a lot.  See how the black marks end before they get to the inside of his foot?  That's not a design thing - Roan has worn off the soles of his shoes.  There's such a height difference between the outside and the inside of his shoes that when he walks he appears to be pigeon toed.  The last time we were at the pediatrician his doctor mentioned it to me, he said something like, "did you know your son is pigeon toed?"  And I said he wasn't, and I showed him the bottoms of his shoes.


Here is the outside of Roan's shoe, which has a nice thick rubber sole.


And here is the inside of the same shoe, where you can see the rubber sole is worn down the canvas.


This is part of a general trend I'm getting used to.  Last week I devoted 20 minutes each night to patching the holes in Roan's jeans.  I cut up an old maroon corduroy blazer that never really fit me right, and now it lines the knees of all of Roan's pants.

Guess we won't be able to hand these shoes down to Ilan!



No comments:

Post a Comment