Monday, September 9, 2013

Grandma Mac at the Beach

Grandma Mac doesn't like the beach. She doesn't like the sand, or being dirty.  She doesn't like the water.  She must really love her grandsons, because she went to the beach every day with them, sometimes twice a day.  One day I noticed her sitting on the sand.  Just directly on the sand - no towel, no beach blanket.  She got up and there was sand stuck to the butt of her bathing suit and the back of her legs.  I'm not sure I've ever seen my mother like that.

Later, I mentioned this to Jay, who is also not a big fan of the beach.  I described how my mom just sat on the sand and he cringed and made a sour face.  "I would never do that," he said.  My husband will not come to the beach without a chair.




This is the deepest I have ever seen my mother wade into the ocean.  The water is half way to her knees!  You can see she looks kind of worried about it.


Grandma Mac seemed to worry more than most about the sand bars quickly disappearing when the tide was rising.  She would fret and call us all back, saying how the tide was coming in fast and we didn't want to get stranded.  (My tidal app came in handy during these times).






No comments:

Post a Comment