Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Look

Roan gives me some of the most serious and penetrating looks while he is drinking from his sippy cup. I tried to capture it on camera, but it was really hard because every time I pulled the camera out he gave me this look instead:

which reminds me of some kind of self made business tycoon having a hearty laugh at the expense of all us little people.

Not the look I was going for.

The look I want is the opposite of this. It's so sweet and trusting and there's a real sense of vulnerability, like all of a sudden he realizes that he's a baby and totally at my mercy and the sippy cup is there because I gave it to him and he's grateful for that. The look says, "thanks mom, you really know how to take care of me. You are so selfless and organized." But there's a hint of pride there too, like "yeah, I know how to get the water out of this thing now."

Here's the photo that comes closest:

Is it possible I'm reading too much into this look?

No comments:

Post a Comment