Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Robot Returns

It's been so long since my last post because my camera broke and I didn't get a new one until today, when Roan and I went to Costco. Going to Costco alone is a serious undertaking, so just the thought of bringing Roan into that crowded mess of oversized shopping carts was daunting. But I really needed a camera. And we were out of toilet paper. Only one store has them both.

There is a dark spot on Roan's photo history. At each stage there are hundreds of photos, and from 8 1/2 to 9 1/2 months - nothing. I feel horrible, so I started taking photos with the new camera right away. Here he is, standing there all on his own, so proud of himself.




Ro had his 9-month checkup last week: he weighs 20 pounds 6 ounces and is 29.5 inches long. Since birth his weight has almost tripled, and he's grown 10 inches. And he has two teeth. He also has fuzzy soft leg hair, and even a little fuzz on his toes. He loves to grip my fingers in his sweaty little palms and walk in circles around the house, or chase the dogs at the park. If his hand slips off my finger, or if I manage to get my finger free, he looks up at me patiently and expectantly until I give it back.

No comments:

Post a Comment