Friday, September 4, 2009

Cheerios

This is Roan when he realizes that we've left home without Cheerios. His Cheerio deprivation is so severe that he appears to be suffering from Phantom Cheerio Syndrome. Look at his hands: the left one is holding an imaginary Snack Trap, and the right one is grubbing for imaginary Cheerios.

Contrast this with the image below, where Roan's hand position is exactly the same, except that the Cheerios aren't imaginary, and there is no visible pain and suffering.

From this aerial view you can see that the Robot's Cheerio access is unrestricted by the Snack Trap. Jay and I are currently designing our own version of the Snack Trap that will more effectively "trap" Roan's hand and not result in a stroller full of Cheerios.

Cheerios restored, the Robot looks like a true visionary here, like he is about to deliver a ground breaking speech to fellow babies everywhere; like the MLK of babies' rights:

"...I have a dream, that one day we will rise up, up to the countertop, where the Cheerios are, and we will have access to the entire box, and won't have to contend with this ridiculous Snack Trap..."

In the meantime, strict parental regulation of Cheerios has only increased their street value, so the Robot must always be on guard against Cheerio theft.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cam, (this is aunt joy by the way)

    I love this. Been reading it all and check it now all the time (your mom sent it last week). Funny thing...I read the stuff you couldn't eat when nursing...that is almost the SAME list of crap I could not eat when nursing Burke. The tuna and dairy almost killed me but I never gave up the wine.

    love you guys

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aunt Joy! So good to hear from you, and how cool that you blog! I never wrote about the darkest period in my Breastfeeding Dietary Restrictions - the Elimination Diet. For two weeks I ate only the least allergenic food in each food group: lamb, squash, rice, and pear. I could season with olive oil, salt, and pepper. That's it. 7 foods. It was devastating. And it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete