Sunday, June 26, 2011

Nap Game

Roan,

Lately you've been role playing. My favorite game is Mommy Take a Nap. After lunch, right around your nap time you tell me, "Mommy, it's time for your nap."

I love this game. I crawl in bed and lay there, sleepy and stuffed full of Mac n' Cheese. You bring me your blankie and tell me to have a good nap. Then you shut the door and leave. Then you bring me a train and say, "Thomas will also take a nap. If you play with Thomas I will take him away." You leave again and shut the door. Then you come back in and give me my cell phone, who is also subject to the rules of nap time. You leave again. You come back to bring me my water bottle.

During each interruption I always ask for a story. You always say no. I whine and beg you to sing me a song. You get frustrated and say, "Mommy, just sleep!" and shut the door a bit harder than necessary on your way out.

You keep coming back to give me something, or review a nap rule, so I never get any sleep. One time, after a longer than usual absence, you came back in to ask, "Mommy, what is the thing that I need to do right now?" For all your pretending, you can't imagine what I do while you are asleep.

When my nap time is over you pull me out of bed and take me to the table. You say, "Mommy you are a good napper. You can have a snack now." You give me a single grape. I ask for another one. You say no.

Good thing you're not really in charge.

***

Some of my favorite things you say now-a-days:

When you ask me first thing in the morning, "Mommy, how was your day was?"

When you are pretending to go to the store and holler, "Goodbye Mommy, have a good fun!"

"Daddy is a good cooker and Mommy is not a good cooker."

1 comment:

  1. We played the nap game too. I had the fire truck and also played with it. I never got a snack maybe I was bad
    Papa

    ReplyDelete